It is our mission to provide a supply of clean, dry diapers to thousands of babies in Columbus whose mothers are not fortunate enough to be able to keep up with the expensive cost of diapers and wipes.
We donate hundreds of hours each year to put diapers in the hands of local families who do not have an adequate supply and here’s why…
- 1 in 3 Columbus families cannot afford an adequate supply of diapers for their baby.
- This impacts ~12,000 babies under the age of 2 in our beloved city Every. Single. Day.
- Infants who must wear soiled diapers are apt to develop diaper rash and infections so severe that medical attention is required.
- For low-income women, not having an adequate supply of diapers affects their mental health more than not having enough food.
- Unfortunately, cloth diapers are not a viable alternative due to the fact that many public and private (apartment building) laundromats do not allow cloth diapers to be washed in them.
And, while shocking, there is no government assistance that provides diapers to struggling populations or even makes them more affordable.
If hearing that thousands of babies every day have to sit in soiled diapers for hours or days longer than they should have to breaks your heart, please help us do something to #ChangeColumbus, one diaper change at a time.
Choose your participation level below:
About Change Columbus 5k & Family Fun Run
Columbus Birth & Parenting and Green Meadows Academy have partnered to create Change Columbus, a local diaper bank that provides diapers to local families with our main beneficiary being The Ohio State Universtiy program Moms2B.
Starting in 2016, Columbus Birth & Parenting began hosting a 5k & Family Fun Run event on Mother's Day Weekend with the goal of raising diapers for Columbus families in need. Our event (formerly known as No Child Wet Behind) was so successful that we decided to open our own diaper bank, Change Columbus Diaper Bank.
All of the proceeds raised through sponsorships, vendor booths, race registrations, and donations go directly to purchasing diapers for women who are active participants in the Moms2B program.
Did you know that Ohio has the second worst infant mortality rate in the nation?
Moms2B is an organization dedicated to reducing the infant mortality rate in Columbus by providing prenatal and postpartum education and support to women and families in at-risk neighborhoods. They promote healthy lifestyle choices and link moms with other support services. Their passion for supporting women and babies in Columbus is making real change and we're thrilled to be able to supply them with diapers for their families.