First Year with Baby Support
After the birth of a baby, your emotions can range from absolute all consuming bliss to panic, anxiety and fear (sometimes all in the same minute). One thing is certain: it feels as if overnight you’ve been launched into a completely different life.
You’re educated and successful! This should be a snap! Except taking care of your new baby and learning what your baby needs requires on-the-job training. Unfortunately, your sweet bundle and you do not speak the same language!
Whether you’re having your first baby or your fifth, adding a new family member is a major adjustment. We’re here to make the journey smoother.
If you find yourself asking questions like…
“Is my baby hungry again?”
“How do I swaddle correctly?”
“Is my baby gassy?”
“How do I cut my baby’s nails?”
“Is my baby overstimulated?”
“How do I calm a fussy baby?”
or “WHY is my baby CRYING!?”
Then a Postpartum & Infant Care Doula is for you. Your Columbus Birth & Parenting doula will become part of your family (but without the baggage) and can seamlessly serve your entire household throughout the first year after birth.
Just like when you were beginning your career, some skills need to be taught. But you’re a quick learner and soon you will feel the same confidence again at home that you do at work with a professional Postpartum & Infant Care Doula by your side.
- Babies can communicate when they are hungry, tired, gassy, or overstimulated but not in your language. We speak baby and so can you.
- Breastfeeding is a learned skill and we’re by your side to help with every latch.
- Bottle feeding? We’ve got the lowdown on all the latest bottles, breast pumps, and formula so you feel confident knowing your baby is getting the very best. #FedIsBest
- You need time to rest and recover, too, and we’re there to help make that happen. Sleep when the baby sleeps is a real thing when your Postpartum & Infant Care Doula is in the house. She’ll make sure you have yummy snacks, homemade meals, and clean laundry (folded exactly how you want it folded, too!) while you learn to be parents and recover from birth and sleepless nights.
- Speaking of sleepless nights, our Postpartum & Infant Care Doulas are available for day or night care. Not only can you get a full night of sleep but we’ll have breakfast ready for you when you wake up, too.
- Older siblings often need help adjusting, too. We’re there to help them adjust to a new baby just as much as you.
- Practical support – first trip out of the house with baby, first doctor’s appointment with baby, and grocery shopping with baby have never been this stress-free.
- Preparation for return to work – when to introduce the bottle, pumping and safe milk storage and transport, setting up routines and schedules that work for you, your baby, and your family.
Investment: Between $32 and $42 per hour based on number of hours.
Birth Support + 3-Day Live-In
Postpartum & Infant Care Support 5 days a week, 6 hours a day + 3, 10-hour overnights a week.
Overnight support four nights a week, ten hours per night
Overnight support seven nights a week, 12 hours a night. Especially popular with experienced parents.