No Child Wet Behind
Why do we love Columbus? One Word = Fellowship.
We win together. We lose together.
We take #SupportLocal to a new level.
Well, fellowship of Columbus… 1 in 3 Columbus families needs our help. Columbus Birth & Parenting is in the business of supporting families, and not just the ones who can afford in-home overnight support! We donate hundreds of hours each year to put diapers in the hands of local families who do not have an adequate supply and here’s why…
- 1 in 3 Columbus families must reuse soiled diapers on their baby because they cannot afford an adequate supply.
- This impacts ~12,000 children under the age of 2 in our beloved city Every. Single. Day.
- Infants who must wear soiled diapers are apt to develop diaper rash and infections so severe that medical attention is required.
- For low income women, not having an adequate supply of diapers is often MORE STRESSFUL than not having an adequate supply of food.
- Cloth diapers are not a viable alternative due to the fact that most public and private (apartment building) laundromats do not allow cloth diapers to be washed in them.